Monday, December 7, 2015

Reflection: Journal Post 15

This is the final journal post of the semester! Firstly, I'd like to start by saying that I very much enjoyed Histology. The class was so interesting and it covered everything. It hadn't realized how much tissues mattered until I discovered they literally make up our entire bodies. Seems kind of like a no-brainer now that I think about it. Sometimes the extremely obvious doesn't feel so obvious at the moment. Similarly, the very components of our body don't seem so large alone but when you think of it at a much larger scale, it's a bit breath taking. There are an innumerable amount of cells in our body and they all have a unique job. Some grow up to be a skin cell while others become mucous layers. It's incredible to think about how specific our bodies are and their functions. If these components don't work together flawlessly, our bodies wouldn't run correctly and can lead to greater consequences.
Alongside that, I've noticed something about myself. I am constantly referring to thing I've learned. Ask anyone I talk to and I'm sure they can tell you everything about the lymphatic system thanks to me. They may still not have a clue about what a Peyer's patch is but they can definitely tell you what it does and where it is. Talking about it everyday and fitting it into my daily life has definitely helped me remember it and think of it as more than just something I learned in class.
Overall, I am satisfied with how my semester went and am excited to continue to next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment